Star Ingredients for the Huny B You Rejuvenating Daytime Moisturizer
- Retinol -- The use of Retinol (vitamin A) can be traced to Ancient Egypt where they used liver to treat night blindness. It saw its rise in use in modern times in 1909 when it was used for certain skin ailments. It has further been refined. “Topical retinol improves fine wrinkles associated with natural aging. Significant induction of glycosaminoglycan, which is known to retain substantial water, and increased collagen production are most likely responsible for wrinkle effacement. With greater skin matrix synthesis, retinol-treated aged skin is more likely to withstand skin injury and ulcer formation along with improved appearance.” Quote linked to source.
- Coconut & Jojoba Oil -- Coconut oil has been shown to be as effective and safe as mineral oil when applied as moisturizers for exceptionally dry skin. Source. Jojoba Oil is very effective in the arena of anti-aging. “The high content of wax esters makes jojoba oil a good repair option for dermatoses with altered skin barriers, such as seborrheic dermatitis, eczematous dermatitis, AD, and acne. Jojoba oil also has a proven anti-inflammatory effect, with potential uses in a variety of skin conditions including skin infections [and] skin aging” Quote linked to source.
- Vitamin E -- Vitamin E has been used to improve skin health for well over fifty years. One study stated “Topical vitamin E has emerged as a popular treatment for a number of skin disorders owing to its antioxidant properties. It has been seen that reactive oxygen species have the ability to alter the biosynthesis of collagen and glycosaminoglycans in skin. Most of the over-the-counter antiaging creams contain 0.5%–1% of vitamin E.”
- Hyaluronic Acid -- Impressive in its efficacy, one study found ”The new nano-hyaluronic acid clearly demonstrated a significant benefit in decreasing the depth of wrinkles (up to 40%), and skin hydration (up to 96%) and skin firmness and elasticity were significantly enhanced (up to 55%) at the end of eight weeks.” Quote linked to source.
- Rooibos & Pomegranate Pomegranate seed oil is well known for its high concentration of polyphenolic compounds and for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Linked to source. Additionally one study found “...the formula containing tea and rooibos showed the best efficacy on wrinkle reduction…” Follow this link to see what other compounds they were comparing it to and their results!
- Vegan Dmae -- Studies have found that “...the benefits of DMAE in dermatology include a potential anti-inflammatory effect and a documented increase in skin firmness with possible improvement in underlying facial muscle tone.” Quote linked to Source.
- CBD -- The FDA and FTC are preventing us from making any claims as to the effectiveness of CBD. So we set up a resource page entitled Educate Yourself (tm) and see our F.A.Q. section.
Moisturize your face and neck with creme every morning, after you cleanse and tone. Always moisturize your face and neck in upward motions. Moisturizing is important for all skin types. In every step of skin care, always use circular, upward motions with a gentle touch on your face.